- Naples does this great thing where all national tourist spots are free on the first Sunday of the month. So on Sunday, we took the train into downtown with some people from church and visited the Palazzo Reale, the royal palace of Naples. We had never been there before, so it was nice to get to go.
- That train was super easy, too! The station is literally a 3 minute drive, with plenty of parking, and the train drops us off at the station we always want to go to anyway.
- On Tuesday, I went to the first meet-up of quilters and crafters in the area. So much fun! Several of the people are way more hardcore than I am, and I really think I can learn a lot from them.
- When we lived in California, I spent a good amount of time going through all the stuff that had been in storage for years. In a box of college stuff, I found a stack of floppy disks. Ha. But instead of throwing them away, we now have a nice matching set of coasters. Because what else do you do with them?
- Please tell me I am not the only one who is ridiculously excited about the new Gilmore Girls movies coming out in November. I can’t wait! Hands down my favorite show ever.
- The last couple days Noah has been having some crazy growth in his abilities. His personality is to be pretty uninterested with learning to do new things, but then suddenly do it, months after he was supposed to. This week, he has figured out how to sit up by himself, discovered crawling on his hands and knees, and has gotten proficient at pulling himself up to standing. Walking will be soon!
- I made this gnocchi for dinner this week and it was amazing! It is going to be put into regular rotation here.
- I think I’m getting ready to finally start scrapbooking all the tickets, brochures, and maps from our adventures over the last 8 years. I’m not looking to do anything too fancy, just heavy white paper in 3-ring binders. But I don’t really know where to start or what I need. Any scrapbooking gurus have hints for me?
- I built Noah a box fort the other day. It is two big dish pack boxes, with a book box in between as a tunnel. He loved it while I was making it, but since I put it in his room, he hasn’t seemed to notice it. That’s life, I guess.
- We have one of those electric bug rackets. They look like a tennis racket, but you push a button and hit a bug with it and it electrocutes them. It’s pretty fantastic, and the sizzle and spark when you catch the bug is pretty cool.
Have a great weekend, y’all!