- This is a cheap table from Ikea, but it’s perfectly Noah-sized. He is obsessed with it and when I added the wheel and latches, he was thrilled! There will also be a springy doorstop, but it’s in our current Amazon order, since Italians don’t use them.
- I’m a diehard no-Christmas-until-after-Thanksgiving person. But I’ve been doing a lot of Christmas shopping and I’m finding it difficult to stay in fall when winter (and Christmas) is just around the corner. I’m doing well- I haven’t listened to Christmas music yet!
- When I was a kid, my favorite toy besides my American Girl doll was my Playmobil. I had two huge Victorian houses and lots of furniture and people and all their stuff. When I was looking for things to do in Malta, I discovered that there is a Playmobil factory there and they have tours! Is it lame that I really want to go? Do I care that it’s lame?
- My super nerdy Bible quizzing self is also pretty excited about going to Malta and seeing where Paul’s ship wrecked in Acts 27 and 28. By the way, did I ever tell you that we live in Puteoli (now called Pozzuoli), mentioned in Acts 28:13?
- Noah goes through cycles: eat a lot for a few days, then sleep a lot, then GROW. He’s in the sleeping stage right now. He’s 16 months old today, I have his 24 month clothes all ready for him. He’s a big kid!
- A week until the new Gilmore Girls!!!!!!!!!! That is all.
- It has been so cold lately. It ends up being significantly colder in the house than it is outside. Whenever I go anywhere, I am always way overdressed. I guess this winter is supposed to be extra cold. Global warming, anybody?
- There was a crazy storm the night before the festival last weekend. Just down the road from our house, we came across a big pile of snow and there was snow on the side of the road. What!!!
- Our church does a couple cultural events every year, American Thanksgiving being one of them. The event is tonight and we will be feeding about 250 people! Tim and I are helping out by making 20 kilograms (about 44 pounds!) of mashed potatoes. Fortunately, Noah decided to do some hardcore growing this morning and slept until 12:30!
Have a great weekend!