- Happy Friday from Germany! Tim came up here for work and Noah and I are tagging along for about a week. I did not take that picture, but that’s a church here in Wiesbaden. Tim has been working quite a bit so we haven’t been out yet. But we will! This weekend, we are headed to Luxembourg… because we can. What other opportunity will we have to go to a tiny European country? And it will be Noah’s seventh country, so there’s that.
- We were just hanging out in the Army Lodge (not everyone can be Navy, right?) and suddenly music started blaring from somewhere. Kind of freaked me out. Noah figured out how to turn on the clock radio and he was dancing around like crazy. Haha! The worst part was that I couldn’t figure out how to turn it off. Is this how the rest of my life is going to be?
- Unfortunately, I got Noah’s cold. It was inevitable. That made flying super fun.
- Did you know that Netflix is available in different countries, but it doesn’t have the same content? And did you know they block VPNs (boo!)? Let’s just say that Italian Netflix leaves something to be desired. But American bases overseas can get special permission to have American Netflix, so I have been binge watching Parenthood. It was pretty much “OMG I CAN WATCH PARENTHOOD! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!”
- Anybody else’s kids stop wanting to take naps around 18 months? Hellllllp! I mean, it may be that we are in a hotel right now, but Noah has always been a sleep-lover. I rarely have trouble putting him to bed, but yesterday was a combined (nap time and bed time) 4.5 hours of screaming every time I tried putting him down. Super not cool, kid.
- I realized the other day that I have a lot of cookbooks and I really don’t use them all that often. I have been using Pinterest for all my inspiration and new recipes. So I promised myself that I would make a new recipe out of a cookbook once a week, starting next week. I’m actually looking forward to it!
- How did it get to be February already? Seriously.
- Are ya’ll watching the Super Bowl this weekend? We will watch it somehow, but I’m not sure if it will be live or on replay. As far as I know, the tv station we have here doesn’t play the real commercials, so is it really worth it to get up at 12:30 am to watch it? We aren’t emotionally invested in either team, and I’m flying home on Monday morning, so probably not. Anyway, enjoy your Super Bowl parties! Watch some commercials for me!
- Happy weekend!