- Last Saturday, we took a walk out on the beach. It was a little stormy and the sky was beautifully moody and the waves were crashing. Noah discovered the joy of burying his feet in the sand, of course.
- Saturday evening, we had some friends over for dinner, and now they are seriously looking at moving into our neighborhood! It would be so fun having them close by.
- Noah and I went to a musical playgroup on Monday. He ate mini pizzas and ran around banging on xylophones and play electric guitars and had a blast. Then he was so tired that he took an extra-long nap, which may or may not have been the best part.
- Yesterday morning was rainy and a good day to stay inside, so Noah and I built a tent in the living room (who am I kidding, it’s still up). We read books and played with the one felt board activity I’ve made. He loved just going in and out of the tent and sitting inside, banging on things. All excellent activities for a young troublemaker… er, toddler.
- Is it just me, or does this happen to all mothers? Toddler was happily destroying his toy corner, but the second I (silently) sit down and turn the computer on, this happens. I took that picture with the webcam, so he was between me and the computer.
- I made my first shirt this week! It is kind of ugly and the stitching on the binding is not straight, but it’s wearable. I made it with fabric I didn’t care about as a practice run. I even got the stripes to line up on the sides!
- We had three bananas that had almost outlived their usefulness, so I googled banana walnut muffins. I found this recipe, and it is fantastic!
- Did you see my post about the summer sampler quilt? Here is the first block, the Millcreek Star. The blocks can be made in either 6″ or 12″ size, and I chose to do all of them 6″, with one 12″ block in the middle. That’s great in theory, right? My goodness, but 6″ squares are small. Also, remember how I said my corners don’t always line up? This is a good example. I expect that this summer will be a good kick in the pants to get better at piecing blocks. I’m giving myself some grace, since this is the first (tiny) block I’ve done. I may also redo it at some point. We shall see.
- Any plans for the long weekend? It’s Memorial Day in America, and most people get Monday off. Tim actually gets a 4-day weekend, but we’re still deciding what we want to do. I hope your weekend is fun, no matter what you do!