About a month ago, a fellow blogger friend nominated me for a Liebster award. I had already decided not to do “award posts” because I find them… stressful? Cumbersome? Mostly just not where I want my blog to go. However, some of the questions are fun and I thought it might be an interesting way for you to get to know me a little better.
By the way, you should all go check out Katherine’s blog Welcome to the Nursery. She writes about the funny stuff her toddler says, and it’s hilarious!
- What’s your favorite time of the day and why? Probably the morning. I used to hate mornings when I was teaching because they were rushed (and 6 am is no fun), but now that I’m a SAHM and my kid sleeps, I get to eat my breakfast and drink my tea in peace. It’s lovely.
- What TV series have you found to be so ridiculous? Ummm, I don’t watch TV. Can I say all Italian TV? Any given game show will have scantily clad women, clowns, and contestants wearing a space suit or something equally ridiculous. There’s probably a trained goat in there somewhere, too.
- What’s the strangest thing you have ever eaten? Bugs. In Cambodia, we went to a restaurant called Bugs Cafe, where they make fancy food out of bugs. Tim went all out (think tarantulas and giant water bugs), but I stuck with ant-stuffed egg rolls and silkworm-and-cricket fondue. Then I ate a pizza with mac & cheese on it. It was a banner night for food weirdness.
- What’s the longest piece of writing you’ve done? What was it for? My teacher work sample that I completed during my student teaching. I think it was 42 pages long, and it took me a whole semester. However, it was a lot of lesson plans and student samples, so maybe it wasn’t actually that much writing? Runner up was my 26 page research paper for my master’s degree capstone. I wrote that one in about 2 months, while finishing up the school year in a 3rd grade classroom AND getting quick orders to move to another country. I think the only way I stayed sane was that I had a loaner cat who would sit on my computer and purr.
- What word or phrase do you find to be most annoying? I listen to a podcast for moms and one of the girls always says “impactful”. Is that even a word? Google says it is, but it still annoys me.
- Name one thing you like about your other half. He loves us so much and works so hard to take care of us.
- What’s your hidden talent? I am very good at making a burned grilled cheese sandwich and I can also fall UP the stairs.
- Can you share one of your favorite posts from your blog? Can I share two? I really love The Adventures of Honey Bear because the pictures make me laugh every time. Also, the 9 Years post for our anniversary. I even surprised myself how many adventures we’ve had! I never show my husband my blog, but I showed him that post and he loved it.
- Android or iphone? I have an iPhone 4s, but it’s a love-hate relationship. I bought it refurbished, and it’s just so old. It won’t do updates or anything. But you know, it works. I don’t think I would get an iPhone next time, but I’m definitely not going back to a brick phone.
- Do you have a plan for your blog for the long run? My original plan for my blog was to be a way to get my name out there and people could contact me (and buy stuff that I make!) wherever I am in the world. That hasn’t seemed to pan out and while I still talk about sewing a lot, my blog has kind of morphed into a mommy/crafting/travel/keeping-up-with-my-family kind of blog. And I’m okay with that. But seriously, if you ever want me to make you a baby quilt (or anything else, really) I’m down with that.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me! If you have another question for me, leave it in the comments and I’d love to answer it.